Saturday, March 14, 2009

Donors Choose

I found out about this wonderful organization called Donors Choose.org. They are a national link that helps teachers acquire materials for their classrooms when school districts cannot afford to purchase materials. The process is simple, you sign up for a free account. Write a snazzy little show and tell about what you need and why you cannot get it. And then you wait!!!!! and wait and wait. I posted my first "help we need something" ad a few weeks ago. I am asking for new calculators for my classroom. I am expected to teach the skills of using them, however, the ones I have do not work. So in desperate need, I thought this would work. I was sure I had written my plea up well and would receive my calculators quickly. However, the program obviously does not work as quickly as I thought. I have yet to see my new calculators. Patience is not a quality I have been blessed with. I am the most impatient person around. I want those new calculators now!!!! Please tell your friends to look at this website and consider helping teachers like myself purchase those materials that we cannot seem to purchase ourselves. We will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment